Denver Wrongful Death Lawyers
Money can never replace a loved one or make up for the devastating impacts of a wrongful death. We also understand that taking action to fight for justice — and hold negligent parties accountable — can help families and provide them with compensation. At Tomazin, Hillyard & Clor, LLP, our Denver attorneys are here to help families who have lost loved ones due to others’ negligent, careless or reckless actions. Losing a loved one is heartbreaking. When the loss of a loved one could have been prevented, however, it may be far more devastating and tragic for families and surviving loved ones. A wrongful death claim can provide:
- Some financial security to help them cover their expenses, lay a loved one to rest, and deal with their grief and losses
- Some comfort, justice and closure, which may be important to picking up the pieces and starting to restore lives
What Type Of Compensation Can Loved Ones Receive?
Compensation for these and other types of cases can include (and is not necessarily limited to) damages for:
- Hospital bills and other medical expenses
- Funeral and burial costs
- Lost wages (including the potential for future lost earnings)
- Loss of consortium/companionship
Depending on the nature and circumstances of a death, punitive damages may also be available. These damages, though rare, are meant to punish negligent parties and try to deter them from behaving in a similar negligent manner in the future.
Common Causes Of Wrongful Deaths
Wrongful deaths can result from any number of events, accidents or negligent actions. Our lawyers have extensive experience representing people in various types of wrongful death cases, including (but not exclusive to) those associated with:
- Fatal car accidents, motorcycle crashes and truck wrecks
- Deadly workplace accidents and fatal occupational illnesses
- Fatal accidents that happen on other people’s properties
- Deadly accidents or injuries caused by faulty, dangerous or inherently defective products
- Medical malpractice, including hospital and nursing home negligence
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
Any number of parties can be liable in these (and other) wrongful death cases. Some examples of these liable parties include (and are by no means limited to) individuals, private companies, government entities and other institutions.
We Can Help
Our team is ready to help you determine your best options for justice — and start fighting for the compensation you deserve. For well over 30 years, our lawyers have been vigorously advocating for our clients’ rights and helping them hold negligent parties liable for the wrongful deaths they have caused.
Call or send us an email using our contact form to learn more about your rights, legal options and how we can make a difference in your financial recovery and future. Initial consultations are free, and we offer contingency fee services. This means that you will not have to pay us any legal fees until or unless there is a recovery in your case.
Appointments are available at our Colorado office conveniently located in Denver. We proudly serve people throughout the Denver metro area, Arapahoe County and the state.