Denver Hospital & Nursing Home Negligence Lawyers
Hospitals and their employees are not always effective at protecting or promoting the safety of patients. In fact, some hospitals’ policies and the oversights of their employees can actually put patients at risk, worsening — not improving — their health. This, in turn, can mean that patients may end up developing far more serious (if not life-threatening) health complications.
At Tomazin Law Group LLP, our lawyers are experienced at:
- Determining when hospital and/or nursing home negligence has harmed patients
- Helping these people fight for the justice and financial recoveries they deserve
For more than three decades, our Denver attorneys have been fighting for patients’ rights and working tirelessly to hold negligent hospitals, nurses and other parties accountable for the harm they cause. Known for our aggressive representation and extensive litigating experience, our lawyers can help identify and pursue all available legal remedies if you have been hurt by hospital and/or nursing home negligence.
While no amount of money can ever erase your injuries (or the past), compensation from these cases can provide important support and comfort that can help you recover and start restoring your life.
Hospital Negligence: When Hospitals Can Be Liable For Patients’ Injuries
Hospitals can be held responsible for the mistakes made by their employees, including nurses and medical technicians. They can also be liable when their policies and/or administrators contribute to harming patients.
Some common examples of hospital negligence that can harm patients (and be grounds for filing a medical malpractice claim against a hospital) include:
- Failing to properly screen medical professionals prior to hiring them (which can lead to hiring unqualified or dangerous professionals)
- Denying patients emergency, life-saving medical care
- Failing to maintain safe premises (which can involve a lack of security and lead to patient assaults, for instance)
- Failing to maintain sterile premises (which can contribute to hospital-acquired infections)
- Keeping an incompetent medical professional on staff (when it’s apparent or has been established that the professional is dangerous/incompetent)
- Having policies that harm patients or put them at an unnecessary risk of harm
- Lacking the necessary policies and procedures to promote patient safety
Here, it’s important to point out that hospitals are not generally liable when nonemployees — like independent contractors — make mistakes that harm patients even if the mistakes occurred at the hospital. These independent contractors commonly include physicians and surgeons who perform services at the hospital but are not technically hospital employees.
Nursing Home Negligence: Common Examples
Nursing home negligence (which can occur in hospitals, as well as in other health care settings) can come in various forms, with some of the most common examples, including:
- Failing to recognize clear signs of patients’ health complications
- Failing to take prompt action to mitigate and/or treat emergency health complications
- Mishandling medical equipment and, in doing so, harming patients
- Leaving equipment (like a sponge, for instance) in patients who are undergoing surgery
- Administering the wrong types and/or amounts of medication(s) to patients
- Failing to check in on patients and/or abandoning a shift
Contact A Denver Medical Malpractice Attorney At Tomazin Law Group LLP
If you have been hurt by any form of hospital or nursing home negligence, contact a Denver medical malpractice attorney at Tomazin Law Group LLP, to find out more about your recovery options.
Ready to provide you with compassionate service and effective representation, our lawyers are committed to holding negligent parties accountable for their irresponsible, careless and reckless actions that have harmed you.
To make an appointment at our Denver office, call 303-835-4595 or contact us online. Initial consultations are free, and we don’t charge legal fees until we recover damages on your behalf. Get the representation you need and deserve in Arapahoe County or elsewhere in Colorado.