Denver Premises Liability And Slip-And-Fall Lawyers
Accidents can happen anywhere, and people can get seriously hurt in them, possibly sustaining permanent or life-threatening injuries. When these accidents are somehow caused by the oversights, inaction or recklessness of those responsible for keeping properties safe, victims can be entitled to compensation for the harm and losses they have suffered.
At Tomazin Law Group LLP, we are Denver premises liability attorneys who have been committed to helping injured people financially recover from accidents on others’ properties for decades.
Effective at holding property owners (and others) accountable for their careless and negligent actions, we are here for you, ready to help protect your rights and pursue all available legal remedies. Our goal is to provide exceptional representation so that you can bring your case to the best possible resolution – and restore and move on with your life.
Premises Liability Cases We Handle
Premises liability claims can come in many forms, involving various accidents that can cause mild to severe injuries. At Tomazin Law Group LLP, we are Denver lawyers who have extensive experience resolving a wide range of premises liability cases, including (but not at all limited to) those involving:
- Slip, trip or fall accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Stair and escalator accidents
- Elevator accidents
- Accidents caused by objects falling onto people
- Incidents and injuries caused by lack of security
When these (or other) accidents occur at locations like (but not limited to) the following, we will be ready to fight for victims’ rights to recovery:
- Retail settings, like grocery stores, malls and warehouse stores
- Private businesses
- Public and private schools
- Parks and libraries
- Movie theaters and sports stadiums
- Concert halls and amphitheaters
- Amusement parks and carnivals
- City, county and federal government buildings
Some of the various parties that can be liable for premises liability accidents (and that we are skilled at going up against) include (and, again, are not exclusive to):
- Commercial and residential property owners (including both individuals and corporations)
- Homeowners associations
- Business owners
- Landlords and building managers
- Insurance companies
- Government entities
Premises Liability Cases And Recoveries: More Important Information
For a premises liability case to be successful, there must be proof that:
- The responsible party (like a property owner, for instance) owed a duty of care to the victim. This also implies that the victim had a right to be on the property (in other words, that trespassing was not involved).
- The responsible party failed to fulfill this duty. Responsible parties cannot shirk their duty of care by claiming that they were unaware of a risk or danger on their property. If the risk or danger was sufficient that a “reasonable” person in the same situation would have been aware of it (and would have rectified it), then the responsible party can still be liable.
- The failure directly contributed to the accident and victim’s injuries.
Various evidence can support premises liability claims such as (but not at all limited to):
- Witness statements
- Surveillance footage
- Building maintenance, repair and inspection records
- Pictures taken by victims (or others) following the accident
There are strict filing deadlines for premises liability cases in Colorado (with these deadlines being especially short for claims alleging government liability). This essentially means that it’s best to not put off filing these claims (or contacting a lawyer about them) in order to preserve your rights to financial recovery.
Contact A Denver Personal Injury Attorney At Tomazin Law Group LLP
If you or a loved one has been hurt in any type of accident on another party’s property, you can turn to us at Tomazin Law Group LLP for helpful advice regarding your options for recovery and justice.
Ready to provide you with compassionate service and effective representation, we are committed to holding negligent parties accountable for their irresponsible, careless and reckless actions that have harmed you. We have decades of experience helping injured people, and our glowing record of success has earned us many professional awards, including national recognition as leading trial lawyers in the U.S.
For more information about your rights and options, contact our Denver office to schedule an initial consultation. Call 303-835-4595 or send us an email through our online contact form to get started. We help people throughout the Denver area, Arapahoe County and Colorado. Let us make a difference in your financial recovery and future as well.