We Help People Injured By Dangerous Products
Dangerous products make their ways into consumers’ hands all too often, causing accidents, injuries and (in the worst cases) deaths. Faulty products can be a result of negligence and a push to promote corporate profits over public safety.
At Tomazin Law Group LLP, we have been fighting this negligence and working to protect consumers’ rights for more than 30 years. Known for our vigorous advocacy, litigating skills and record of success, our lawyers can help fight for justice and financial recovery when dangerous and defective products harm you and/or your loved ones.
How Negligence & Dangerous Products Can Harm You
Risky and defective products can be the result of mistakes made by manufacturers or companies:
- Using low-quality, fragile and/or toxic materials in products
- Failing to test the safety and efficacy of products before distributing and selling them
- Misrepresenting the safety of products — This can include hiding the dangers of products, as well as overstating the benefits, safety or effectiveness of products
- Failing to inform consumers about how to properly use (and not use) a product
Our Denver personal injury attorneys at Tomazin Law Group LLP, are highly experienced at proving when these actions (and other forms of negligence) have played a role in bringing dangerous products to market and harming consumers.
Types Of Product Liability Cases That We Have Handled
Some of the specific types of products liability cases our lawyers are effective at handling include those associated with faulty, defective and/or dangerous:
- Household furniture and appliances such as heating systems, stoves and microwaves
- Toys and products for children, like cribs, high chairs and child car seats
- Motor vehicle equipment such as air bags, seat belts, tires and ignition systems
- Power tools and industrial equipment, like generators, lawn mowers and robotic equipment
- Medications, including both over-the-counter and prescription drugs
- Medical devices, including devices made to implant in patients, as well as devices that are meant to aid mobility and/or support life function
Important Information That You Should Know
- Filing deadlines for starting a defective product case — Colorado law provides two years to file products liability claims, with the time frame starting on the date of an accident (caused by a dangerous product) or the date on which the injuries (from the faulty product) are diagnosed/discovered. These deadlines are strict, and missing them can cause claims to be dismissed.
- The bottom line: It’s best to move forward with a case as soon as possible (rather than putting it off under the misguided assumption that there’s “plenty” of time to file).
- Establishing liability — Proving that a company is liable for a faulty product can be complicated and challenging. While evidence like manufacturers’ records and product instructions can be important, it may also be necessary to get experts involved, to review regulators’ records and to take other steps to establish negligence in these cases.
- The bottom line: It’s best to retain an experienced lawyer to help you pursue and favorably resolve a products liability case. An attorney will know how to prove fault and hold negligent manufacturers responsible for the harm their defective products have caused you.
Start The Recovery Process Now
If you or someone you love has been hurt by any type of risky or faulty product, call 303-835-4595 or email our firm to schedule an initial consultation today. Our lawyers are ready to learn more about your situation and provide you with helpful answers about your rights, your potential case and your best recovery options. They are also ready to take swift action to get your case started and bring your case to the best possible resolution.
With our office located in Denver, our firm serves clients throughout the Denver metro area, Arapahoe County and Colorado. Get access to the high-quality legal services you deserve at Tomazin Law Group LLP.