If you know the risks involved with an activity, including driving your vehicle, it might help you avoid catastrophe. Unfortunately, it is not always possible to uncover the risks associated with all activities. However, you can mitigate your risk by investigating the auto accident hazards in your community.
Denver, Colorado, has several notoriously dangerous streets on which many auto accidents occur each year. When you know what roads are the most accident-prone, you can choose alternate routes or take other steps to ensure your safety.
Federal Boulevard had the most auto accidents
If you have operated an automobile for any amount of time in Denver, you may already be familiar with the hazards plaguing Federal Boulevard.
Between 2013 and 2020, crashes on this road left 385 victims (mostly pedestrians) severely injured or dead. Eight other hazardous local streets studied in the data period (2013-2020) are listed below:
- Colfax Avenue: 353 victims severely injured or killed
- Colorado Boulevard: 195 victims severely injured or killed
- Sheridan Boulevard: 181 victims severely injured or killed
- Alameda Avenue: 174 victims severely injured or killed
- Broadway: 151 victims severely injured or killed
- Evans Avenue: 140 victims severely injured or killed
- Speer Boulevard: 118 victims severely injured or killed
- Hampden Avenue: 101 victims severely injured or killed
You may have the skill to navigate these dangerous roads without incident. However, the motorists traveling near you might not care as much about safety as you do, resulting in a crash.
If negligence on the part of another party results in an auto accident, you could be entitled to significant financial compensation. Becoming familiar with Colorado auto accident and injury laws ensures that you get fair compensation in the wake of your vehicle crash.